The position would be ideally based in New York or Dallas. For the right skill sets, other US cities would be considered. Up to 25% travel may be necessary. Must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States.
At the beginning, you will be primarily responsible for testing and making Affinity Capital Exchange (ACE) trading platform operationally ready. The trading platform needs to be functionally tested to ensure efficient trade execution and processing of a broad range of securities based on trading rules. Based on the functional and nonfunctional specifications, you will write test plans and test cases to test and validate the results of different trading related functions (order types, duration, attributes, actions, etc.) You will work with the quality assurance team to ensure that the trading platform is operating as designed and configured.
The role will further expand into assessing and driving requirements for other technology projects within ACE like integrating various client interfaces, third party data services, and member portal. The role will get more involved on defining an end-to-end business process driven by technology requirements, information flow and data requirements and that satisfies the need of various stakeholders. The analyst will help the CTO make strategic decisions on what functionality belongs inside what systems.
- Review business requirements and design study documents
- Define, analyze and scope the needs of various technology projects
- Create, analyze, and validate detailed functional specifications
- Perform requirements gathering from various stakeholders and create estimates
- Facilitate design sessions with technology providers to define the solution
- Deliver elements of systems design, including data migration rules, business rules, wireframes, or other detailed deliverables.
- BS/MS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 5 years of Technical Analyst experience.
- Experience in testing various trading functions on trading platforms and financial application tools
- Experience in understanding functional and non-functional specifications and ability to create test scenarios, test plans, and test cases around different trading scenarios.
- Knowledge of NASDAQ X-Stream trading platform.
- Good understanding of different security types traded on a financial exchange (NYSE, NASDAQ, etc.) e.g. - equity, bonds, commodities, options, etc.
- Linux proficiency (command lines, vi, etc.) and understanding Windows test environments (software installation, database set up, connections)
- Knowledge on PostGre SQL and Unix
Does this sound like you? If yes, we want to hear from you:
- Confident, reliable, highly motivated self-starter who can work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Excellent organizational, technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Self-starter - able to come up to speed on complex, difficult concepts with minimal assistance.
- Ability to thrive and work in a non-structured work environment and be innovative.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions.
- Proactive and initiative-taking mindset
About Affinity Capital Exchange
Affinity Capital Exchange (ACE) is the world’s first institutional trading exchange for Points-Backed Securities™ in a very large and increasingly expanding Loyalty market. It plans to deliver improved economics to loyalty players such as airlines, hotels, banks, and financial customers including speed of trading, price discovery, liquidity and risk management. ACE is looking for bright, organized, energetic and dependable people for this position driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things.