We are looking for an experienced and exceptional developer to join our equities trading unit, which forms part of our established and close-knit R&D team. Our equities trading unit is focusing on:
- time series analysis of financial data;
- analysis of historical company data;
- analysis of multiple companies across multiple data fields for a single time frame; and
- historical back-testing.
Remuneration is competitive, will be based on experience, and a material component will be participation in the firm's bonus pool.
Skills and requirements
Candidates should demonstrate a strong interest in systematic trading, be intellectually curious, passionate and driven. The successful candidate will have a record of exceptional academic accomplishment.
- 5+ years experience;
- outstanding technical skills in .net technologies and Visual Studio IDE;
- advanced SQL capabilities; and
- experience in software development life-cycle processes (agile development, source control, release procedures etc).
- exposure to functional languages;
- experience building equity back-testing software; and
- proven ability to work with big data.
We are an innovative, research-driven hedge fund that aims to deliver superior performance for our institutional clients. Our investment approach is short-term, 100% systematic, multi-strategy, multi-asset and utilises advanced computer modelling. The principle of the investment thesis is using pattern recognition to make short-term directional trades. The concepts are derived from discretionary technical trading decisions based on patterns in price action. The firm currently manages approximately US$600m.
We have an experienced, meritocratic and close-knit development team that works closely with our quantitative researchers on cutting edge finance problems. Our developers work on projects ranging from the implementation of trading strategies to optimizing our automated trading system.
We are intellectually curious, passionate and driven, but we are also humble and always act with integrity. Many of our staff have been with the company for over 10 years which is a testament to our culture and has allowed us to become one of the longest running short-term systematic hedge funds in the world. It's a fact of which we are immensely proud and one we never take for granted.