OptionMetrics began 18 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, our data and analytic models are used within over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, and academic institutions worldwide.
Here at OptionMetrics, you'll work alongside a team of exceptionally creative and intelligent developers and quants, collaborating daily to brainstorm and implement our next generation of data and analytic information products. We're small, agile, casual (no suits -- shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. Since we are self-funded and profitable (no VC's!), we can afford to take the long view, emphasizing quality over expediency in all we do. As a member of our development team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
Our bright, open office is in Midtown Manhattan, near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park. We have the usual drinks and snacks, and we're still small enough celebrate everyone's birthday with cake!
The Senior Developer will:
- Have at least 4 years of experience
- Architect scalable designs for applications accessing large data sets
- Develop and unit test against that architecture
- Mentor other developers both here and overseas
- Conduct code reviews
- Assist with the troubleshooting of production support issues
- Enjoy the challenge of researching data issues to maintain quality in our large data sets
- Gain an understanding of the complex math associated with Options
Our Technology Stack:
- Languages: Java, Python, C#, C++
- Databases: Postgres, SQLite, MS SQL Server, AWS Redshift
- Frameworks: Spring Boot, Angular
- Data Analysis: AWS EMR/Hive, Spark, Athena