JOB DESCRIPTION: Lead Quantitative Developer, Cubist Systematic Strategies (New York)
Cubist Systematic Strategies, the systematic investing business of Point72, is one of the world’s premier investment firms. The firm deploys systematic, computer-driven trading strategies across multiple liquid asset classes, including equities, futures and foreign exchange. The core of our effort is rigorous research into a wide range of market anomalies, fueled by our unparalleled access to a wide range of publicly available data sources.
The candidate will work closely with the Portfolio Manager (with proven track-record in Equities/ETFs) and lead the tech development efforts for the team. The responsibilities would include:
- Building high-performance/low-latency trading components for both live trading and simulation
- Developing a trading platform that holds the core strategy component, inputs the market data and outputs the trading signals to markets for execution
- Refining, and increasing automation and robustness of the research infrastructure including alpha estimation, risk modeling, and backtesting components
- Developing a data recording, cleaning and storage mechanism
- Developing a booking, position keeping and reconciliation mechanism
- Responsible for technology infrastructure systems development, which includes connectivity, maintenance, and internal automation processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve any systems related issues and handle the release of code fixes and enhancements
- Maintaining the production and research systems and software setup, ensuring its stability, robustness and security
- Participating in the execution monitoring
- Researching and implementing performance analytics, including signal performance and post-trade analytics (e.g. slippage, fill-rate, and market impact reports)
- Achieving trading system robustness through automated reconciliation and system-wide alerts and fuses
- Participating in some execution/intra-day alpha research projects
An ideal candidate would have previous experience in building a full trading system from scratch. He/she would be familiar with market data, order passing, OMS and EMS components of a trading system. Previous experience on a market connectivity project would be a plus.
- Strong software development skills. Solid low latency trading systems C++ experience. Some experience in R/SQL is a plus.
- At least 4 years of developer experience in a quantitative business preferably in High Frequency Trading
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to continuously evolve with the changing market challenges
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm to learn about end to end trading systems and markets
- Willing to take ownership of his/her work, working both independently and within a small team
- Undergraduate (higher degrees preferred ) in Computer Science or a similar discipline
- Candidate must have broad knowledge and experience with performance tradeoffs for common hardware and technology decisions.
Career development and compensation:
The role offers the candidate opportunities to acquire core expertise and complete understanding in developing a quantitative trading business. Successful candidate will not only enjoy a competitive base salary plus a performance-based lucrative discretionary bonus, but may also become the key member in a fast growing team at the technology front.