We are looking for a talented professional to research and develop actionable insights into index-linked investments.
Success in this role requires the rare combination of skills, attitude, knowledge and talent that enables a candidate to both develop sophisticated investment analysis and to present them credibly and compellingly to a diverse audience.
The six-strong Index Strategy Team at S&P Dow Jones Indices produces and delivers content aimed at increasing the understanding and usage of indices in an investment context. We seek to provide actionable insights to providers and users of index-linked products.
The team produces regular commentary and analysis, ranging from in-depth papers, research notes, and blogs, to simple market summaries produced on a regular schedule.
We are recruiting for a London-based researcher, reporting to the EMEA head of the team and collaborating with the global team.
- Contributing analysis and commentary on the performance and characteristics of S&P DJI-branded indices across asset classes, geographies, and strategies
- Producing regular reports on index performance, including monthly and daily commentaries
- Articulating via presentations, written materials, and meetings with clients and media - the value proposition of index-linked investments and their potential applications in a portfolio context
- Researching and communicating sophisticated ideas to a broad audience of investment professionals, to an industry-leading standard of delivery
- Working both independently and collaboratively across asset classes, forming partnerships across business functions and geographies in order to effectively deliver ideas and harmonize content in support of the wider business efforts
- Extremely strong verbal & written communication skills, with a fluent command of English
- Creative, curious and entrepreneurial mind set
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- The demonstrable ability to conduct self-directed analysis and research
- Familiarity with indices, index-based products and core tenets of investment theory
The wider business
S&P Dow Jones Indices is the largest global resource for essential index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500 ® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based on our indices than products based on indices from any other provider in the world.
Since Charles Dow invented the first index in 1884, S&P DJI has become home to over 1,000,000 indices across the spectrum of asset classes that have helped define the way investors measure and trade the markets.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.