Are you interested in joining a smart team in a great office environment in an award-winning organization? At Axioma, we bring together the best minds from across the world to challenge the way financial institutions think about risk and investment portfolio management. To learn more about us go to www.axioma.com
We Innovate. We Create. We Collaborate
Axioma is looking for a talented developer to join the team building our new Platform for Enterprise Risk Analytics and Optimization as well as the underlying Cloud-based platform. The developer should have knowledge of the technologies and skills needed to create flexible, scalable, and secure Cloud-based applications and services.
The ideal candidate will have strong programming skills, an enthusiasm for new technologies and a willingness to learn about the specific complexities of constructing high-end Enterprise Applications in the cloud with complex data models, and should be passionate about the creation and development of enterprise ready, decision-support tools.
This position offers an opportunity to do highly visible work that will significantly contribute to the growth of Axioma’s business. We need someone who is hands-on, detail-oriented, and obsessed with building world-class Cloud-based services and platform components.
• Implement REST APIs, microservices, and other components supporting portfolio analytics, risk, and reporting using technologies based on Windows Azure, ServiceFabric, and ASP.NET Core
• Develop, maintain and enhance legacy applications used to configure and report results from a complex market risk analytics system
• Interact with business analysts to understand the requirements for data access, business intelligence, and business workflows
• Interact with QA team to design appropriate unit and integration test harnesses and frameworks for the application layer
• Seek opportunities in our day-to-day workflow to improve quality and efficiency from ideation to deployment
• Technically orientated degree (e.g. computer science, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences) with at least 5 years’ development experience writing and reviewing code daily in a team environment.
• Proven programming skills, especially on the .NET platform and C#
• Debugging, performance profiling and optimization
• Unit testing and mocking frameworks (NUnit/MSTest, Moq, or equivalents)
• Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to problem-solve and quickly identify problem resolution
• Desire to find better ways to convey information from large, complex data sets to end users in an interactive, visually compelling manner
• Use your experience with a broad range of technology stacks, platforms and workflow tools to do your best, most efficient work and teach others to do the same
• Energetic self-driven individual, adaptable as the situation demands, to take instruction and work autonomously; or to work collaboratively as part of a small team
Additional preferred skills:
• Strong software engineering skills: designing, building, unit-testing and supporting enterprise applications
• Work experience in a team spread across multiple locations and time-zones
• ASP.Net Core, RESTful APIs, Elastic search, SOA, TDD, SQL, developing Cloud-hosted PaaS solutions (ideally using Windows Azure).
• Experience with TFS, Git, and SQL Server.
• Knowledge of SOLID principles and GoF design patterns
• Experience working in an agile environment
• Experience developing Portfolio Management/Risk systems
• Business knowledge an advantage
• Competitive salary commensurate with experience
• Full benefits package
• Performance-based annual bonus
Axioma is an equal opportunity employer that offers challenging work in a supportive environment.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE VISIT AXIOMA'S CAREER WEBSITE: https://careers-axioma.icims.com/jobs/1167/enterprise-developer-%28london%29/job