Position immediately available for an entry-level data scientist to join RavenPack’s Data Science team in Marbella, Spain.
As a data scientist, you will be participating in the development of new products, as well as showcasing the value of our data for trading and investment purposes across various asset classes and time horizons. You will be reporting directly to the Chief Data Scientist and will interact with peers across various lines of business and technical teams to support projects that will span big data analysis and product development among others.
- Processing and analyzing large datasets to detect hidden signals and relationships
- Participating in the development of new products shaping the future of the financial industry
- Acquiring sophisticated knowledge of Big Data applications across various asset classes and trading horizons
- Interacting with fun and interesting colleagues
- A PhD/MSc in an applied science, e.g. Statistics, Physics, Mathematics, Signal Processing, Machine Learning, Econometrics etc.
- Experience working with large data sets, or noisy data would be an advantage
- Outstanding quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to develop original research
- An enthusiastic and collaborative approach to research and the desire to work with colleagues as smart as you are
- The ability to communicate effectively in English, both in writing and verbally is a must. Knowledge of Spanish is not a business requirement
- European Union legal working status is required