OptionMetrics began 18 years ago with the goal of becoming the world's most trusted provider of financial information and research derived from the option markets. Today, our data and analytic models are used in over 350 investment banks, hedge funds, asset managers, and academic institutions worldwide.
Here at OptionMetrics, you'll work alongside a team of exceptionally creative and intelligent individuals, collaborating daily to brainstorm and implement our next generation of data and analytic information products. We're small, nimble, casual (no suits -- shoes optional), and passionate about our mission and the projects we create. Since we are self-funded and profitable (no VC's!), we can afford to take the long view, emphasizing quality over expediency in all we do. As a member of our product team, you will have true ownership over your projects from beginning to end, with an emphasis on accountability over micromanagement.
Our bright, open office is in Midtown Manhattan, near Columbus Circle and steps from Central Park. We have the usual drinks and snacks, and we're still small enough to celebrate everyone's birthday with cake!
What You’ll Do:
- Define agile requirements, user stories, and scenarios for our development team to move our products forward
- Take ownership of a selection of products, working with our business and technical leads to manage new features and opportunities
- Assist QA with the definition of acceptance tests and quality checks
Skills You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Finance
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst
- 3 - 5 years of experience gathering requirements and creating/owning the documentation (BRDs, FRDs, User Stories, Design Documents, etc.) for your projects
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while collaborating with business and technical teams to drive decisions
- Problem Solver mentality – ability to identify existing/potential issues and provide solutions
- Results Driven –prioritizing, taking initiative, and taking ownership
- Technically savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the listed equity financial markets or options is a plus